Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bathroom Makeover Before & After

BEFORE
The vanity top was painted wood. Since this was a quickie project for a party there wasn't enough time to replace the top. So I decided to paint it.



AFTER



I did a painted Faux finish to create a Tiger Stripe Stone finish. Sealed it with 5 coats of polyurethane.
Instead of painting the walls 2 colors like before I thought that painting it all one color would make the beadboard more of a texture. The walls are painted Navajo White. This makes the new vanity top the focal point.



BEFORE
AFTER
I used 2 panels of regular drapes for the shower curtain. I wanted to hide the Plexiglas sliding doors.


Recycled glass wall vase and sculptural flowers create an artistic focal point.




I am linking this up to The Shabby Chic Cottage, Addicted 2 Decorating, and Frugal Fridays @ The Shabby Nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment